What To Do Following A House Fire in Birmingham
Fire Damage Can Be Fixed by SERVPRO
Fire Damage to Your Birmingham Home Can Be Restored by SERVPRO
A house fire causing Birmingham fire damage can lead to a complex series of events. However, homeowners who familiarize themselves with the fire damage remediation process can simplify and streamline the process of home restoration by making coherent choices. Learn more about how to realize this important objective by reviewing the short outline provided by SERVPRO.
Put Your Safety First. Once a major fire transpires in your home, there will be a wide range of health and safety hazards present. For this reason, it's very important for you to put you and your family's safety first. For starters, make sure that you do not reenter your residential property until you receive the go-ahead from an authoritative source as the fire department. Factors like falling debris, electrical hazards, smoke contamination, and the compromised structural integrity of your property could result in an accident. Also, be sure that you do not attempt to complete any aspect of the restoration process on your own. Doing so can result in significant injuries or illness.
Call Your Insurance Company. In addition to putting your safety first, make sure that you call your insurance company immediately. Your insurance agent will send out an adjuster enabling you to start and complete the process of filing your claim. The adjuster may also help you with the photographing all damaged areas of your property. Be sure that you do not overlook this important process. The pictures you take of damaged materials and structural elements can help determine how much coverage you receive.
Contact A Premier Fire Damage Restoration Company like SERVPRO. Our rep will inspect the property and assess the damage using our CCIS generated form. The result is an inventory listing all damaged items and building materials. We can help manage the insurance paperwork and work closely with you and your insurance adjuster to expedite the fire damage restoration process and claim. We will provide the following while also relieving you of some stress that can be overwhelming.
• Rapid response. Local with 24/7 availability.
• Communication of procedures.
• Construction of a detailed estimate.
• Prevention of ongoing damage. Water removal, protection of personal items.
• Prevention of cross-contamination. Inhibit the continued circulation of smoke and soot. Disinfecting and mold remediation.
• Proper cleaning and processing of the entire remediation project. On-site and shipped out utilizing the standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, (IICRC).
• Providing effective odor control. Foggers, Ozone machines, air movers, and dehumidifiers.
Trust The Professionals from SERVPRO . Once Birmingham fire damage has impacted your home and life, you may feel a sense of despair, and anxiety. Allow us, industry experts with extensive experience, to complete each component of the restoration process following a fire. We will keep you informed and offer a final walk-through to ensure your satisfaction with the restored condition of your home. Like it never even happened.
Why Choose SERVPRO of North Oakland County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with water or fire damage. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost. We are proud to serve the communities of Birmingham, Troy, and Beverly Hills. Call us for help. (248) 439-1160
Mold Remediation in Commercial And School Buildings in Bloomfield Township
Call SERVPRO to Keep the Kids Safe from Mold Infestations
Bloomfield Township Mold Remediation in Commercial And School Buildings Serviced by SERVPRO
Mold invasions are a common problem in schools and commercial buildings. As these buildings age, their susceptibility to invasion increases due to factors like leaky roofs, tendencies for moisture retention, and the erosion of waterproofing material. However, learning more about Bloomfield Township mold remediation and building maintenance techniques can help guard against these unwanted infestations. Read this short article provided by SERVPRO to get information regarding this issue.
Mold Remediation in Schools. As reported by the Health Schools Network, children are at a greater risk of exposure to mold than their adult counterparts. This is the case because the organs of small children are still in the developmental stage. A child's lungs are disproportionately large in relation to total body mass. This means that inhaled mycotoxins can have a profound impact on the child's body. Unfortunately, the school setting often creates the right condition for the development of mold. This risk can increase as the school ages. Common areas for mold growth include storage closets, cafeterias, locker rooms, and bathrooms. The mold spores can then circulate throughout the school by way of the air ducts, one of the major factors contributing to "bad air." Clean ambient air quality provides a safer environment for our students.
For the prevention of these fungi from spreading in school buildings, it is important for school officials to have regular maintenance work and inspections scheduled and completed. Since malfunctioning HVAC systems and leaky pipes are the most frequently reported causes of mold proliferation, having this equipment and plumbing checked can drastically decrease mold growth in schools, or hopefully, prevent its occurrence.
Mold Remediation in Commercial Buildings. Just as school buildings are susceptible to mold infestations, commercial buildings can become a hotbed for the fungi. One of the common places for mold to grow within the commercial setting is the HVAC system. The systems that are not functioning optimally or are ill-equipped to handle the workload can generate moisture buildup. This can lead to mold growth as the spores within the air ducts will adhere to organic matter and develop into mold colonies. The mold can now spread throughout the office via the A/C network. SERVPRO can inspect and, if necessary, clean, sanitize and deodorize the HVAC system as part of a regular maintenance and cleaning program.
Call SERVPRO Now. To ensure that mold does not become a problem in your school or commercial business setting, securing a mold prevention and extermination service is important. Bloomfield Township mold remediation can usually be prevented if proactive inspections and maintenance plans are followed. The IICRC-certified professionals of SERVPRO possess the advanced skills and knowledge, along with top-notch equipment, necessary to expedite and optimize all mold services.
Commercial Mold Remediation Presents Unique Challenges
Mold can spread quickly through a Bloomfield Township property if left untreated. SERVPRO of North Oakland County can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. We are ready 24/7 to help in the communities of Troy, Beverly Hills, and Macomb to remediate the structure to preloss condition. Call us at (248) 439-1160
Tips You Should Follow After A House Fire in Troy
Protect Your Family and Property from Flames
In Troy, SERVPRO Suggests Safety First for Any Fire Damaging Event to Your Home
How a homeowner reacts to a house fire should follow the tenet of "Safety First." Troy fire damage, as the result of a large-scale fire, can be repaired and restored. However, knowing what to do during and after a fire can help save you money and limit the structural damages impacting your property. SERVPRO suggests that learning what steps to take in the face of a house fire may save a life.
During a Fire
1. Check Doors before Entering A Room. Before you open a door, be sure to check the door. If you see smoke coming from under the door, do not enter. You can also touch the doorknob to see if it is hot. If so, avoid this door and seek another exit. If you cannot find a door to exit the premises safely, you will need to use a window. Hopefully, you had fire drills with an evacuation plan for such an emergency.
2. Leave The Premises. Once you're aware that a fire is present, don't panic. Instead, focus on quickly removing you and your family (do a head count) from the property. Although you may want to grab some valuables, doing so is not advisable, if super-heated air or roaring flames are close. Safety first.
3. Be Aware Of Smoke. Smoke inhalation, charged with temperatures reaching 1200 degrees F, is the leading cause of death during a house fire. Stay low to the floor as possible while exiting your home in Troy.
4. Do A Head Count. DON'T PANIC if someone is missing. If reentry is not safe, tell the 1st responders so that they can find the missing family member.
After a Fire
5. Call A Fire Damage Restoration Company like SERVPRO. Our premier company will immediately dispatch a team to assess the damage and offer a plan for restoration. Upon a signed work authorization form, we will begin the water extraction to mitigate secondary water damage caused by the fire-extinguishing efforts of the Troy FD. We will fill out a CCIS inventory listing of your room by room water and fire-damaged personal items, furniture, and structural materials. We will categorize them as salvageable, non-salvageable, or questionable. The final decision for repairing, restoring, or discarding rest with you and your insurance adjuster.
6. Call Your Insurance Agent. Your insurance agent will help you with important processes such as independent documenting of fire damaged items and obvious structural degradation. SERVPRO has a working relationship with many insurance companies and is willing to coordinate the cleanup and fire damage restoration services with your adjuster. This will expedite your return home while limiting costs to you.
7. Do Not Go Back In The House. Don't attempt to re-enter the home until you have obtained permission from the fire department or local authorities to do so.
8. Manage Important Documents. Find all of your important documents and records and put them in a safe place.
9. Keep Records Of Damage Expenses. Obtain receipts for any expenses entailed by the disaster so that your insurance agent can work with you and SERVPRO to limit costs.
Trust The Talented Technicians Of SERVPRO to use their training, experience, and equipment to return your home in Troy to pre-fire damage condition, in a professionally and empathetic manner.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We live and work in Troy too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Oakland County is close by and ready to respond to your fire damage emergency. We are faster to any size disaster. Call us 24/7 at (248) 439-1160
How To Effectively Handle Water Damage in Birmingham
SERVPRO Extracts Water From Bathroom Flooding
SERVPRO Tips for the Water Damage to Your Birmingham Home
Excessive water intrusion is one of your Birmingham home's biggest enemies. Unfortunately, this intrusion can penetrate almost any surface and space on your property, thereby causing extensive water damage. A secondary effect of a water-damaging event is mold growth and proliferation. Irrespective of the source of water damage, there are several steps you should take to eliminate it quickly and correctly. Doing so will help eliminate economic and emotional strain. SERVPRO suggests that you implement the following steps following the onset of water damage to your property.
Call Your Insurance Provider. When more than a puddle of water impacts your property call your insurance provider. An insurance adjuster will arrive to inspect the water damage, and fill out the necessary paperwork. In some cases, the adjuster will take pictures of damaged personal possessions and visible structural problems. Here is where the professionalism of SERVPRO shines. We can assist and help manage the insurance paperwork and process. We utilize a Content Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) technology to assess and catalogue water damaged items and structural materials. We are a preferred provider of water damage services to over 300 insurance and property management companies and government entities. We will always focus on your best interests concerning expenses and expedition of the related work. And provide documentation of a successful drying of your home.
Avoid DIY Projects. Never, ever attempt to complete water damage restoration services on your own. There are a wide range of dangerous fungi and bacteria that can be present in the water. In fact, exposure to Category 3 water (sewage and flood water backup) can make a resident extremely ill.
Contact Water Damage Restoration Experts. SERVPRO is an industry leader that possesses the specialized equipment necessary to expedite the recovery process. Some of the equipment used by our water damage restoration experts includes moisture meters, heat injectors, dehumidifiers, high volume air movers, pumping systems, and powerful vacuums. Additionally, mold remediation specialists will utilize cleaning products and sanitizers to eliminate microbial threats and mycotoxins from fungi. Any musty mold odor will be eliminated by use of several fogging systems.
Let The SERVPRO Professionals Assist You and restore your Birmingham water damaged home to pre-loss condition. Our industry experts possess the extensive training, experience, and expertise necessary to get the job done fast and efficiently. Our IICRC-certified technicians are happy to provide you with 24/7 emergency services to ensure that all issues can be addressed immediately and effectively corrected.
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in Birmingham; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Oakland County is close by and ready to respond to your water or flood damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Birmingham, Troy, and Bloomfield Hills communities. Call us for help. ((248) 439-1160