If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (248) 439-1160

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Grease Fire In The Kitchen Almost Destroyed Home

This home fire was in Metro Detroit.  It happened when one of the family members was frying poultry on the gas stove top.  He left the room for one minute and returned to see the grease in the pan on fire.  The flames got so intense he couldn't grab the steel pan and take it outside.  He didn't have a fire extinguisher nearby either.  The result was a total loss in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the entire home.  When the fire department came the water from their hoses also did some serious water damage as well, but thankfully they saved the home from complete devastation.  Always stay close to your meals when using a gas stove top and please make sure you have multiple home fire extinguishers!