Is Your Troy Michigan Business Ready For A Disaster?
Don’t Hesitate. Get your Emergency Ready Profile Done Today!
As many as 50% of businesses never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. SERVPRO of North Oakland County can help you plan ahead for a disaster to minimize business interruption by developing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your Troy, MI business before one strikes. An ERP provides important contact and building information needed to begin a timely mitigation to help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Benefits of an ERP include:
- A no cost assessment of your Troy, MI facility which means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects, but it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Contact us today to get your ERP done ASAP!
Is Your Carpet Not Lasting Long Enough In Your Birmingham, MI Home?
We Are The Carpet Cleaning Experts!
SERVPRO of North Oakland County knows that keeping your carpets cleaned can sometimes feel like a full time job. Especially if you have kids and pets running around! In these zany times of working from home and online learning it can be extra challenging to keep your house clean, and easier to notice when the carpets are getting dirty! But not to worry! SERVPRO of North Oakland County is here to help!
Being #1 in the industry, means we know dirt. We have highly trained carpet cleaning technicians that are ready to get your carpets back in to shape. There are also some things you can do to keep help your carpet last longer. See below for our tips!
5 Tips For Making Your Carpet Last Longer:
1. Vacuum regularly.
2. Spot removal is a good thing. Don’t wait.
3. Groom carpet to prevent matting.
4. Move furniture to change traffic patterns.
5. Use welcome mats to limit the soil tracked inside your home.
Contact us today to get your carpet cleaned!
There Is No One Better To Contact After A Disastrous Storm
Don’t Hesitate! Contact SERVPRO of North Oakland County!
Unexpected emergencies like severe weather call for immediate action. SERVPRO of North Oakland County knows immediate reaction to the disaster is important to helping you get your life back to normal.
Utilizing our 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines, SERVPRO of North Oakland County strive to:
- Contact you within 1 hour from notice of loss arrange for your service.
- Be on-site to begin mitigation services within 4 hours of notification.
- Provide verbal briefing of scope to you within 8 business hours of on-site arrival.
SERVPRO of North Oakland County can also perform pack-out services, which is removing salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When storms hit Oakland County, MI we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1800 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Call us today! 248-439-1160 We Are Here To Help!
Bonfire Season Is Approaching Here In Michigan. Are You Managing Your Bonfire Properly?
Please Practice Good Fire Safety!!
Spring is officially starting this weekend! Yaay! We all know that Spring bonfires here in Metro Detroit, Michigan have been very popular since we’ve been at home or up North on vacation. Cozy, cool nights spent by the fire with friends and family while making S’mores and enjoying each other’s presence is a recipe for a good night. All while maintaining 6 ft a part of course!
Surrounding a campfire with loved ones creates special memories that you can cherish forever. Let us continue to create these memories by practicing bonfire safety!
Starting the Fire:
- Make sure your fire pit is enclosed and there is enough room for a seating area
- Make sure that your bonfire is 10 ft away from your home or any structures
- Do not use gasoline or lighter fluid to start or relight the bonfire
- Keep a bucket of water or hose handy in case of emergencies
- Do not leave bonfire unattended
- Keep children and pets away from the bonfire
- Do not throw fireworks into the bonfire
- Do not burn aerosols or anything that may produce toxic fumes or explode
Putting Out the Fire:
- Use a shovel to spread out the ashes to let them cool down. Slowly pour water over the ashes and check to be sure that the fire is completely out.
Any open flame is a potential risk for a disaster, so next time you are planning a bonfire, use these tips to ensure everyone’s safety. As always, we are ready for whatever happens. If your bonfire gets out of hand and causes fire damage, you know we will be there to help!
Why We Are, “Faster To Any Size Disaster”
Our Team Is Ready For Any Size Disaster!
Fast 24-Hour Emergency Service
Fun Fact: Did you know that there are over 30 SERVPRO Franchises in the state of Michigan?
Being locally owned and operated, as well as being a franchise of a nationally recognized brand, is the best of both worlds. We live and work locally, and know Oakland County & Metro Detroit well. But we also have corporate support when we need it. Especially when there are biblical floods like back in August of 2014. The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Teams were here in full force to help us all out.
SERVPRO of North Oakland County is an IICRC Certified Firm. On top of that, all of our technicians are IICRC certified in Water Damage Restoration.
For a faster response, our high-tech equipment is preloaded and neatly organized on our vehicles. Our high-tech equipment includes:
- moisture detection and measurement equipment
- water extraction and drying equipment
- techniques for deodorization and anti-microbial treatments
For more information on our advanced technology, click here.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 248-439-1160
And remember, we are “Here to Help.”
Water... It’s A Life Saver And A Destroyer!
Don’t Let Water Destroy Your Day, Week & Year. We Are Here To Help!
Water is a basic human need for survival. We live in The Great Lake State and we love water! We need water to drink, we need it to bathe, we use it for cooking and cleaning, we even use it for recreation. We use water daily, all of us. It’s something all living things on earth have in common. We all need water for survival and we think of it, in general, as harmless and quite helpful.
It isn’t until you have a pipe burst, a sewer back up, a super storm come barreling through, or a leaky roof that you start to see that water can actually be incredibly hazardous and cause major damage. If you have water damage, it’s important to call a professional like SERVPRO of North Oakland County for all your water restoration needs. SERVPRO of North Oakland County has been your local water restoration expert for over 30 years. We have put together a few tips to help guide you in the unfortunate event you have water damage.
- If you have water damage, please notify SERVPRO of North Oakland County as soon as possible. Our staff will help you determine where to go from there. We will help you determine if you need a plumber or any other professional to help stop the source of the water issue. The sooner we can start drying and treating your home, will decrease the possibility of mold growing on the affected surfaces.
- Take photos for your insurance company. Taking photos will help your insurance adjuster determine the extent of damage to your structure as well as personal contents.
- Contact your insurance agent. Be sure to communicate the extent of damage and that you have photos, they may want you to email or text the documentation to them. Be sure to ask any coverage questions you may have as well such as, “What is my deductible?” and “Is there a difference between coverage for my structure and my contents?” Also, it is important to let them know you have hired SERVPRO of North Oakland County to start the water restoration. SERVPRO of North Oakland County works directly with your insurance company after your initial call to them to submit the claim. We have a great relationship with insurance companies and adjusters.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of North Oakland County is serving Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Clawson, Madison Heights & Troy, M! We are always ready and we are“Here To Help.” We can be reached 24/7 at 248-439-1160.
The Hazards of Smoking
Don’t Let Cigarettes Destroy Your Home!
Smoking obviously isn’t the best habit to have. The dangers of smoking go beyond the harmful effects it has on one’s body, but it can also cause deadly fires. Cigarette butts can ignite:
- Dry underbrush outdoors
- Improper ash cans
Butts can ignite much more, including your home. It is important to be aware of what can easily ignite a fire in your home while smoking. Follow the tips below to avoid any flames!
- Smoke outdoors: Smoking indoors is just asking for a fire. Asking friends and family to smoke outside can avoid residential fires. When butts are left inside the home furniture, books, curtains and flammable items are at risk for catching fire.
- Don’t use pants as ashtrays: Tossing butts into plants or even onto grass can easily catch fire. Dry leaves and plants can easily catch fire from a cigarette butt. Rather than tossing a butt into a plant or grass, find an ashtray or stomp out your butt.
- Never smoke sleepy: If you are smoking while you are feeling sleepy, PUT THE CIGARETTE OUT! It will surprise you how many residential fires are caused by sleepy smoking. Falling asleep in your bed or couch can be deadly.
Smoking is a common habit and is one that imposes a fire risk. Learn what not to do and be careful. If your home ever suffers from fire damage from a cigarette, please reach out to us at 248-439-1160. We can restore your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills & Troy, MI home and even get rid of the smell.
Why SERVPRO Is The Leader In Disaster Management Companies
We Are Here To Help!
Two years after SERVPRO opened, they had sold their first franchise. With that, they began their fast growth into the large company they are today. There’s a good reason why that growth was so fast. SERVPRO knows what they’re doing. In fact, they’ve created their own training programs for each employee to complete in order to verify the quality that is received for each and every job. When these specially trained professionals arrive at your Clawson, Madison Heights or Troy, MI doorstep, they do not come empty handed.
Creating a State of the art restoration company is a part of the value of hiring SERVPRO. Upon the assessment, Moisture Detection equipment will be able to measure the quantity of water hidden in the damaged area. This can not only help identify a source, but also give the team areas to focus on, rather than tearing apart the entire area unless need be. After the assessment, the team will bring Water Extraction equipment, Drying equipment, Odor Removal and Deodorization equipment, as well as all the Sanitization needed to remove any bacteria remaining from the water damage.
SERVPRO’s investment in high quality technology provided all the evidence you need to choose them for any damage you experience in your home, store, or building. The priority during the restoration process is not just quality, but speed. A speedy process is easier when using the newest technology. Dependent upon the area of the space affected, the appropriate quantity of equipment will arrive at the site promptly, saving you time and money. Water damage is an overwhelming situation to deal with, which no company understands better than SERVPRO.
Contact us today. We are Here To Help! 248-439-1160
Will The Winter Snowmelt Get To Your Basement?
Winter Snowmelt Can Be A Huge Pain!
Typically, one doesn’t think of floods in the middle of winter, but they do exist and happen more than you think. Snowmelt flooding happens when there is a quick change in temperature change. The temperature change can cause snow to melt and could potentially flood your Birmingham & Troy, MI basement. Basement flooding during the winter is mostly caused by melting snow entering the home because of faulty gutters, cracks in foundations and improper runoff.
Just as an example, ten inches of snow can melt into one inch of water and it is already on soil, unlike rain. Obviously, the heavier snowfall, the more snowmelt. A quick temperature change can cause a significant amount of water on the soil around your home. If the water cannot flow away from your home’s foundation, it can ultimately enter your home.
Snowmelt flooding can damage the floors, walls, furniture and personal items in your basement. It also introduces potential water damage and mold in your basement as well.
Snowmelt Safety Tips:
- Shovel snow away from your home.
- Keep snow and ice buildup off drainage areas.
- Inspect basement walls for cracks.
- Check your roof for ice and snow buildup.
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts.
- Clear snow from your roof to prevent buildups.
If you experience damage in your basement from snowmelt, SERVPRO® of North Oakland County can make it “Like it never even happened.” Our services to help restore a basement after flooding include:
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Move Outs and Contents Restoration
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Hard Floors Cleaning
SERVPRO® of North Oakland County is here to help! For more information on snowmelt flooding damage, call 248-439-1160.
Is Everyone Getting Sick At Your Workplace?
Be Cognizant Of Your Work Colleagues' Health
There are a lot of sick people in the office place today with COVID-19 all around us, but in the 1970s, “sick building syndrome” became apparent as a lot of people displayed unwell symptoms after having spent extended periods of time in buildings with poor air quality. Good judgment and immediate attention can correct the situation and save you money in the event of litigation.
People most at risk include:
- Infants and children.
- Pregnant women.
- The elderly.
- People with compromised respiratory systems or asthma/allergies.
- People with weakened immune systems.
While molds are found naturally in the environment, an overabundance inside buildings is undesirable; some people can experience health effects. Experts disagree about the more controversial details of mold, but they all agree that if you have excessive mold, it needs to be removed.
Control Moisture and Reduce Mold:
Act Within the First 24 to 48 Hours
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials.
Estimates made by the World Health Organization say that poor indoor air quality costs are estimated to be over $60 billion in employee sick leave and loss of production.
Part of your responsibility to the tenants, workers and students who may work and play in your Bloomfield Hills & Troy, MI buildings includes proper maintenance and prompt response to any situation that could cause health effects.
SERVPRO of North Oakland County is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. To learn more about Indoor Air Quality, call us at 248-439-1160.