Do You Know Who To Contact After You Have A Fire At Work?
Don’t Hesitate. Contact SERVPRO of North Oakland County Today!
Regardless of the size or type of your business, the effects of a fire to your Clawson, Madison Heights or Troy, MI property is always devastating. When a fire occurs, even if just a section of the property is damaged, it can threaten the livelihood of your business. That's why it is vital to find a fire and smoke damage restoration company that will tackle the fire damage repairs and cleanup of smoke damage. SERVPRO of North Oakland County is here to help! Call us at 248-439-1160. We offer the below services to commercial properties.
- Assessment of damages
- Ventilate and salvage
- Water extraction
- Soot removal and cleaning
- Reconstruction and repairs
We want to help you get your commercial facility back up and running as soon as possible and minimize the financial impact on business, call SERVPRO of North Oakland County today!
Are Your Business Carpets Clean?
Get Your Business Carpets Cleaned Professionally!
Being a local independently owned franchise, we understand the challenges of owning a small business. Keeping a commercial space clean can be a big challenge but it needs to be done. First impressions are very important, and you don't want to turn customers off because your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills or Troy, MI property has filthy carpets. Nobody wants to eat in a restaurant that has dirty carpets or upholstery.
Here at SERVPRO of North Oakland County, we can take care of those things for you. Cleaning your carpets at least twice a year can help preserve the life of your carpets and keep your building looking clean and smelling fresh. We have cleaned several businesses throughout Oakland county already. Churches, restaurants, nursing homes, senior living communities and apartment complexes use us regularly to keep the carpets in their property looking nice and you should too! Call us today 248-439-1160.
We Are Here To Service You!
Here To Help!
SERVPRO of North Oakland County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 248-439-1160
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
How Do You Get Rid Of Those Awful Smells After A Flood?
Don’t Try To Solve All Of Your Problems After A Storm And Flooded Home. We Have The People And Equipment To Help!
The water damage that occurs when your Beverly Hills, Clawson or Madison Heights, MI home floods often come with odors and mold growth that continue to seep into your residence long after the water has subsided. You can take care to eliminate odors and preserve the safety of your dwelling with the following measures:
Air Things Out
Open all doors and windows to allow air to circulate in your residence. This should help dissipate any lingering smells that remain and will also facilitate drying of the affected areas.
Dry the Wet Areas
You may install dehumidifiers to speed up the drying process. Removing moisture from porous and absorbent surfaces such as carpet and upholstery can greatly reduce the chance of foul aromas remaining after the flood and can mitigate the appearance of mold.
Deodorize Your Home
There are natural and inexpensive methods that you can utilize to expedite the deodorizing process in your house. Baking soda sprinkled into carpets or other absorbent surfaces can be vacuumed up, greatly with getting rid of foul odors. On less porous surfaces, vinegar applied liberally can aid in combating persistent smells.
Keep an Eye Out for Mold
As with any area that has had prolonged exposure to moisture, mold growth can be a threat that, if not addressed immediately, poses a potentially recurrent problem that can present itself throughout the life span of your residence. It is imperative that proper steps are taken to ensure that mold and spores do not have the opportunity to spread in your home.
Be Aware of Contaminants
Sewage loss can lead to your home being contaminated by sewage contents when flood water finds its way past your threshold. This can leave behind an overpowering smell even after the moisture has been removed due to the bacteria in the water. These horrendous smells often cannot be removed by household cleaners and require the services of a professional flood restoration company.
Why Choose SERVPRO?
We have the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions where it contacts surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace. Our technicians have access to several odor removal products capable of penetrating surfaces to neutralize an unpleasant odor thoroughly.
The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give us a call at 248-439-1160 and leave the restoration to us!
How Do You Protect Your Beautiful Oakland County, MI Home From Floods?
How to mitigate flooding at your beautiful Oakland County, MI Home.
With water virtually all around us, living in Oakland County Michigan means knowing that flood water can easily rise, turning your home into a flooded building that needs extensive repairs by a water remediation and restoration partner. Although flooding from a burst pipe or flash flood can come on quickly, if your home is better prepared, the damage may be minimized. Below are five ways to be ready for unexpected water that can seriously damage your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills or Troy, MI home.
Install a Sump Pump
Sump pumps are installed in a pit in the lowest part of the home, such as the basement or crawlspace, and are designed to prevent water from entering the home. They automatically work to pump water out when it rises to a certain level.
Raise Electric Components
Along with water damage, flooding also creates potential fire hazard situations. It is recommended that wiring, outlets, sockets, and other electrical components be at least 12 inches above the structure’s projected flood elevation. A licensed electrician can raise them to meet those requirements.
An easy way to keep basements dry is to regularly maintain outside the home. Along with keep gutters and drains free of debris, verifying the property slopes, and properly diverts water can keep water flowing away from the home.
Keep Supplies On-hand
Flood water can come on fast and rapidly rise. If you know you have foundation issues or have not cleaned the gutters yet, keeping supplies, such as sandbags and tarps, on-hand can minimize the amount of water entering the home.
Maintain a Checklist
Even if you are prepared, sometimes Mother Nature does not care. When that happens, it is important that everyone in the home knows what to do and precautions are taken to minimize damage. The checklist should be easily accessible and include items such as disconnecting appliances and turning off the main power, gas line, and water supply.
Dealing with flood water can be a time-consuming mess. While total prevention may not be possible, being prepared can minimize damage. If you happen to have flood damage, we are available 24/7 so that when a disaster strikes, we have your back.
Call us today! 248-439-1160
How The Heck Did My Business Get Water Damage?
Call The Professionals To Help With Your Commercial Water Damage!
There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your Madison Heights or Troy, MI business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When a company suffers a water loss, and everyone is impacted. So here is a list of common water damage causes for commercial buildings.
- Malfunctioning Sprinkler Systems: Fire sprinklers are great and can keep a building safe during a fire, if one accidentally goes off or breaks it can cause substantial water damage to the building, and assets in that building. It is recommended to get your sprinklers tested every few years. It is also beneficial to learn where the shut off is. If you or your building manager do not know where the shut off is, contact us about getting your building prepared with our SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile.
- Appliances: Just like in a home, most commercial buildings have appliances like hot water heaters, refrigerators, and toilets. All those things have the potential to cause a water loss. Have a plumber check fittings and pipes regularly.
- Backed Up Sewer Lines: Sewer damages are extremely messy, and no one wants to deal with that. It is recommended to get your sewer lines jetted or cleaned every 18 months.
Not every disaster can be prevented, that is why we are here to help around the clock. We are water damage restoration specialists and are ready to restore your business back to pre-water damage condition. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Call us today! 248-439-1160
What’s That Funny Smell?
Can You Recognize A Gas Problem Before It’s Too Late?
Many people assume that natural gas explosions are a thing of the past, back when regulations were not as strict as they are today. However, the truth is that gas fires continue to occur at an alarming rate and, sadly, they often result in much more dire consequences than fire damage.
You can prevent a gas fire in your beautiful Bingham Farms, Birmingham, & Bloomfield Hills home by recognizing the signs of a gas leak.
Determine if Your Home Utilizes Natural Gas
Before you learn the signs of a gas leak, you should determine which aspects of your home use natural gasses. You may be at risk for a gas leak if any of the following appliances use the natural commodity:
- Hot water heater
- AC unit
- Heating system
If any of your appliances run on gas, invest in gas detectors, and remain vigilant for signs of a gas leak.
What to Do If You Suspect a Gas Leak
A gas leak can quickly lead to a gas fire which can quickly lead to a gas explosion. For this reason, it is imperative that you recognize the signs of a leak and take proper measures to prevent disaster:
- Check the stove: If it is safe to do so, walk over to your stove to make sure all the burners are off.
- Open the doors and windows: If you cannot find the source of the leak, open all the doors and windows to help the gasses escape.
- Do not flip any switches: A light switch can cause a spark, which can cause an explosion. Keep all the lights off if you suspect a gas leak.
- Shut off your gas meter: If you do not know where your gas meter is located, now's the time to find it. If you smell gasses, locate the meter, and turn it off.
A gas fire can be extremely dangerous. For this reason, the best thing you can do if you suspect a gas leak is to leave your home ASAP and call 911. If a fire does occur, the SERVPRO of North Oakland County fire damage cleanup crew can help with the restoration process. Call us today at 248-439-1160.
What Do You Know About Lightning?
The Storms Are Here In Full Force. Lightning Is Dangerous!
We get a ton of thunderstorms here in Metro Detroit, MI. During thunderstorms, many of us like to sit and watch the bright flashes of lightning. It can be peaceful just to watch and listen as lightning and thunder strikes with the smooth sound of rain in the background. Since we are in thunderstorm season, let's learn about lightning!
The National Geographic defines lightning as an electrical discharge caused by imbalances between storm clouds and the ground, or within the clouds themselves. Most of the time, lightning occurs within the clouds.
Here are some interesting facts you might not know about lightning:
- Lightning creates heat hotter than the sun – Experts believe that lightning can be as hot as 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightning can strike the same place more than once – Tall buildings or areas with conducive topography can see numerous lightning strikes. For example, the Empire State Building has been reportedly struck by lightning around 23 times per year.
- Lightning strikes multiple places at once – A single lightning bolt can strike more than one place at the same time. A videographer from Chicago once recorded a single lightning strike hitting the Willis Tower, Trump Tower and the John Hancock Building, three of city’s tallest buildings.
- Lighting can be up to 90 miles long – Martin Uman, lightning researcher, detected lightning channels as long as 90 miles.
- Florida experiences more lightning than any other state – Out of the top 15 counties in the United States with the most lightning strikes in 2018, 14 were in Florida.
- Venezuela experiences more lightning more than anywhere – Lake Maracaibo holds the record for “highest concentration of lightning,” according to The Guinness Book of World Records.
- More than 1 billion lightning strikes hit earth annually – The planet is hit by lightning an average of 1.4 billion times per year. If each of those strikes hit a person, humanity would come to an end in five years.
- Thunder does not exist without lightning – Thunder is the sound of lightning, it is the noise created as air expands and contracts rapidly in the lightning’s resonating tube.
- A lightning bolt can have up to a billion volts of electricity – This is about the same amount of power as 79.4 million car batteries.
- Benjamin Franklin came up with lightning protection – Franklin came up with the idea of securing lightning rods to the tops of buildings to protect structures from the impact of lightning.
For more interesting facts about lightning, please go to The National Geographic and BestLife.
Are You Maintaining Your Home Appliances Correctly?
Don’t Let Your Home Appliances Wreck Your Day!
All appliances using water are important to all of us. Washing machines are essential to every household. Nobody wants to wash clothes the old fashioned way by scrubbing them in a sink or bucket. That is why it is important to maintain your washer machine and keep it running smoothly. For some helpful tips on maintaining your washing machine, read below!
- Inspect the hoses: Check your machine’s water hoses for signs of wear and tear every month. Any leak or burst can cause a flood, water damage and even mold in your home. It is recommended to replace washing machine hoses every five years.
- Don’t overload it: Look at the owner’s manual and follow the instructions for appropriate loading sizes. Overloading your washer machine will throw the machine off balance, causing potential water overflow.
- Use the right amount of detergent: Again, follow your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommended amount of detergent. Using too much can cause foaming along with overflow, causing water damage to your home.
- Wipe down the drum, gasket and door: Wiping your machine down once a month will help ensure the waster won’t give off odors that can seep into your clothes.
If your washer machine happens to cause flooding and water damage to your home, no worries, we are here to help!
Our team here at SERVPRO of North Oakland County will remove the water and use drying equipment to control temperatures and humidity, minimizing secondary damage. If there is mold damage, we can also control and remove mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of your home.
Is Your Commercial Property Experiencing Water Damage?
Don’t Let Your Commercial Water Problems Close Your Business!
Flooding and water damage events in your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills and Troy, MI commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. 248-439-1160.
About SERVPRO of North Oakland County
SERVPRO of North Oakland County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our team has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.