What SERVPRO of North Oakland County Can Offer Your Business
We can handle all of your commercial water loss needs!
Water damage can occur at any time in your Beverly HIlls, Birmingham, or Bloomfield Hills, Michigan business. Storms, floods, leaky pipes, and broken water heaters or appliances can be the cause. At SERVPRO of North Oakland County, we want you to know that water damage should be considered an emergency. All water losses have the potential to become dangerous as items that are not thoroughly dried out can cause mold or microbial growth. When a water emergency occurs, we are ready to provide extraction and cleanup services to remove the water, contaminants, and moisture and to clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure. We offer these services to repair water damage:
- Emergency contact. We will respond to any emergency 24/7
- Inspection and damage assessment
- Water removal and water extraction
- Drying and dehumidification services
- Cleaning and repair
- Odor removal
If you find yourself dealing with water damage, SERVPRO of North Oakland County is here to help. No matter what your water emergency may be, our highly trained technicians are available 24 hours a day and have the specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore water damage for all Beverly Hills, Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills area business owners and residents alike. Please call us today at 248-439-1160 to find out about our cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your water disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Are You Able To Restore Or Replace When Dealing With A Significant Loss?
Identifying which items can be restored instead of replaced is a huge benefit.
When your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills or Troy, Michigan commercial or residential property has been damaged by fire or water, SERVPRO of North Oakland County's mission has always been to provide the best customer service possible, to support your business or home during the mitigation process, and to make it "Like it never even happened."
Our team works to provide this service as quickly as possible and at the lowest possible cost to you. We understand that time is money and our team makes it their job to help you get life back to normal. Part of recovering the belongings in your home or business includes identifying which items and structures can be preserved. Our team strives to restore the items in your life that may have more meaning. Sometimes it is actually more of cost savings to restore something than it is to completely replace it. This also allows our team to maintain those items which have sentimental value. Did you know that according to research conducted by the insurance and repair industries, restoring property after fire and water damage is less expensive than replacing it? Restoring items is also less disruptive to your home or business, allowing you to stay in their homes or continue conducting your business throughout the process and rapidly return to normal. Our team is trained to identify when restoring can be performed with the high-quality outcomes that our clients deserve as a preferred mitigation and restoration partner for most major insurance companies. This "repair" rather than "replace" mindset can help you save money while keeping family treasures, keepsakes, and other impossible or prohibitively expensive items to replace. If your home or business has been impacted by water or fire damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO of North Oakland County today! 248-439-1160
Let Us Help You!!
We are Here To Help!!
Most clients of say...
"It won't happen to us“, or "I don’t need to think about that, we've always been ok."
Then, they're off to bed and something happens. A spark happens near wood or blankets, or a flame is created inside a wall, and before you know it you're answering questions from an insurance adjuster and freaking out! You don’t know who you want to use to start the "clean-up" ball rolling in your Bingham Farms, Clawson, or Madison Heights Michigan home or business, but you need it done. Fast.
It seems all too often that those things in life we think won’t happen — happen. They always happen when you least expect it and then you're in panic mode.
Don’t allow yourself to be another victim. Let us bring the equipment and the experienced personnel to help you in your time of need!
We can help!
Call us today at 248-439-1160 if the unimaginable happens and we will be there to help. Our team at SERVPRO of North Oakland County will send technicians who are experts in fire restoration. Soot and smoke damage are things we understand.
We Can Handle Any Size Disaster In Oakland County!
No job is too big or too small for SERVPRO!
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties requires a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. Our team at SERVPRO of North Oakland County has the resources and more than 23 years of expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Senior Facilities
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential;
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- FASTER: With more than 1,900 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned throughout the nation to be faster to any-sized disaster.
- READY: SERVPRO is always ready to help when disaster strikes but also knows the importance of ensuring home and business owners are “Ready for whatever happens.”
- PROOF: The science of Drying was developed out of the need to further validate the drying process and use more precise documentation on defining when a structure is dry.
- HERE TO HELP: Communication is the most important part of the process to keep everyone informed during cleanup and restoration. We accomplish this through the Here to Help Connection process.
Our team responds quickly to Oakland County fire, water, smoke & mold emergencies, in the following areas: Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Clawson, Madison Heights & Troy, Michigan... 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building, Senior Living Facilities, restaurants, schools & municipal buildings, an apartment complex, or large retail stores, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation. Our network of 1,900+ Franchises gives us access to trained restoration technicians and resources to respond to any size restoration emergency.
What Will You Do When Your Power Goes Out For A Long Time?
Are you prepared for an extended power outage?
Summer storms here in Metro Detroit can bring on flooding, yes... but also power outages. And, extended power outages may impact the whole community and the economy. A power outage is when the electrical power goes out unexpectedly. A power outage may:
- Disrupt communications, water, and transportation.
- Close retail businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, ATMs, banks, and other services.
- Cause food spoilage and water contamination.
- Prevent use of medical devices.
PROTECT YOURSELF DURING A POWER OUTAGE:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows. Also, have extra fuel for the generator.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- Check on neighbors.
HOW TO STAY SAFE WHEN A POWER OUTAGE THREATENS:
- Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines. Find out how long medication can be stored at higher temperatures and get specific guidance for any medications that are critical for life.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out.
- Sign up for local alerts and warning systems whether you live in Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Clawson or Troy, Michigan. Monitor weather reports and alerts on your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup in central locations on every level of your home.
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last.
- Review the supplies that are available in case of a power outage. Have flashlights with extra batteries for every household member. Have enough nonperishable food and water.
- Use a thermometer in the refrigerator and freezer so that you can know the temperature when the power is restored. Throw out food if the temperature is 40 degrees or higher.
- Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged and gas tanks full
Get yourself prepared!!
SERVPRO Of North Oakland County - Call us today!
What Do You Really Know About Water?
Get to know about water. It's definitely not all safe!
Yes. There really are categories of water.
Did you know that the water either coming into your Clawson, Madison Heights or Troy, MI home or business, due to broken pipes or leaks is in a “category” of water? When it comes to handling mitigation in your home or business it is better to allow the professionals at SERVPRO of North Oakland County to deal with the emergency because you have to handle the water correctly to be safe. You never know what is either in your water or what the water has passed through to create contamination.
The information below explains the main types of water damage and could help you identify the problem quickly if it ever happens to you.
Category One: Clear Water
This water is the cleanest, most non-toxic form of water damage. It is potable water, perhaps directly from the tap. It is unlikely to cause you any harm, even if you are exposed for some time. Nevertheless, even clean flooding can lead to electrical and structural faults, so it is safer for you to call in the experts for repairs. Clean water comes from things like a broken water supply line, tub or sinks overflow with no contaminants, appliance malfunctions involving water-supply lines to name a few. However, once clean water leaves the exit point, it might not remain clean after contacting other surfaces or materials. Although it is considered the "safest" of the categories, it can degrade to category 2 or 3 if left untreated.
Category Two: Gray Water
Gray water damage is a little bit more serious and requires a speedier removal process. This is because it may contain potentially unsafe levels of chemicals, microorganisms, or dirt. Examples of Cat 2 water include, but are not limited to: overflow from dishwashers or washing machines; overflows from toilet bowls with urine; seepage due to hydrostatic pressure and broken aquariums.
If left untreated, it can quickly degrade into category 3.
Category Three: Black Water
Cat 3 water is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic or other harmful agents. Cat 3 water can include, but are not limited to: sewage; toilet backflows from beyond the trap; flooding from seawater, rivers or streams, ground surface water, or other contaminated water entering the indoor environment.
Our team at SERVPRO of North Oakland County is skilled in the safe handling of the different categories through training and protective clothing to eliminate the risk of sickness.
Call us today at 248-439-1160!
What Should You Do After Water Damage
Contact SERVPRO of North Oakland County When You're Dealing With A Water Loss at Home Or At Work!
If your Bingham Farms, Clawson or Madison Heights Michigan home or business has had water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of North Oakland County arrives.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the property if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move items to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
As always, please contact us ASAP! 248-439-1160
When Dealing With The Aftermath Of A Fire... Here's What You Definitely Should NOT DO
Be Smart. Contact SERVPRO of North Oakland County when disaster strikes.
When you have a devastating fire at your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills or Troy, Michigan home or business, they will most certainly leave behind soot, smoke damage and a host of other problems. Ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting and floors will often need a thorough professional cleaning. If your home or business suffers a fire, first contact SERVPRO of North Oakland County before attempting to clean yourself. It is important NOT to do the following even though you think it might help the situation:
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TVs, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water.
- Do not consume any foods or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water as they may be contaminated.
- If ceiling is wet, do not turn on ceiling fans. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Do not send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor
Call Us Today at 248-439-1160.
We specialize in fire and water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help. A fast response helps lessen the damage, limits secondary damage, and reduces cost.
What Can You Do Before A Thunderstorm Hits Oakland County?
Being prepared for Metro Detroit thunderstorms is very wise.
Metro Detroit thunderstorms can be dangerous and one shouldn't take for granted. Every thunderstorm produces lightning and other hazardous weather conditions, which can include tornadoes, strong winds, hail, and flash flooding.
In Oakland County we tend to get a mix of heavy rain, lightning and fierce winds. Below are some fantastic tips to help you prepare on what to do before and during a thunderstorm.
What To Do Before A Thunderstorm:
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- Postpone any outdoor activities.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard-top automobile (not a convertible).
- Remember, rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard-topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
- Close any windows and secure outside doors.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
SERVPRO of North Oakland County urges each and every one of you to prepare before a thunderstorm comes, and whenever they do come, SERVPRO of North Oakland County will be there for you!
Do Your Employees Know What To Do Or Who To Call During A Disaster?
Commercial losses are not fun to deal with. Let us help you get prepared so you can minimize downtime.
Attention all Clawson, Madison Heights & Troy, MI businesses!
Do your employees know what to do in the event of a disaster? Who do they call if they open in the morning and your business is flooded? What if the employee break room microwave explodes or starts a fire? Trust us... it happens to businesses all of the time. Are you prepared?
Well, SERVPRO of North Oakland County is here to help.
We offer a free service called an Emergency Ready Profile or ERP. This is a file that we create for your business to keep in a central location that contains emergency contacts, utility company phone numbers, locations and pictures of the utility shut-offs for your building, and any special instructions that you would like to include. We will also attach tags to the utility shut-offs so that they are immediately visible.
Time is always a factor in these types of situations. Having a plan will help to ensure that the damage to your business is minimized.
After everyone is safe and any necessary emergency responders have been called, be sure to call SERVPRO of North Oakland County at 248-439-11600 so that we can get you back open for business as quickly as possible!