If a disaster strikes you and your family, will you be prepared?
It’s important to prepare before a disaster strikes your Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, or Troy home. One way to do that is by creating a very basic emergency kit.
- At least one gallon per person a day.
- Food. Non-perishable & A 3 day supply.
- A Manual can opener.
- A Battery operated radio. One with an NOAA Weather Radio tone alert and get plenty of extra batteries.
- A Flashlight and extra batteries.
- A First Aid Kit.
- A Whistle to signal for help.
- Extra Clothing.
- Dust masks or bandanas.
- Visqueen or plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape.
- A Wrench or pliers to turn off any utilities, if needed.
- Local maps.
- Hygiene items or toiletries.
- Important documents, such as copies of insurance policies, ID and Bank Account info.
- Plenty of Cash.
- A Fire Extinguisher.
- Extra USB cables, power or portable batteries for your cell phones.
Emergencies can happen at any time. Please create this very simple kit to protect yourself, your family and your property!